Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Wax Heaven's Holy Grail














Where do I start with this trade? Well, I thought I'd be cute and dangle the holy grail out there to see if I'd get a bite. Boy, did I ever get a whopper!

Closer to reality, I saw an opportunity to make someone happy and chose to pursue it. If this seems like a lopsided deal, it really isn't. The Canseco card is at $40 Beckett hi and is priceless to the person who received it, Mario from Wax Heaven. I even wrapped the Canseco card in a picture from Monty Python & The Holy Grail that I printed to ensure the maximum effect.

Wax Heaven got:
  • 1991 Donruss Elite - Jose Canseco (the holy grail card!)
  • 2007 Topps 52 Dynamic Duos - Andrew Miller/Cameron Maybin

White Sox Cards got (well, a bunch of White Sox cards):

  • 2006 Bowman Heritage - Lance Broadway (autograph)
  • 2007 UD Spectrum Swatch - Tadahito Iguchi
  • 2007 Topps 52 - Josh Fields, John Danks, Dewon Day, Ehren Wassermann & Danny Richar
  • 2007 Bowman Heritage - Javier Vazquez, Gustavo Molina & Ryan Sweeney
  • 2007 SP Rookie Edition - #126 Gustavo Molina, #156 Ryan Sweeney, #247 John Danks, #252 Andy Gonzalez & #253 Ryan Sweeney
  • 2007 Bowman Chrome - Jermaine Dye, Jerry Owens & Noe Rodriguez
  • 2007 Topps Co-Signers Orange - Mark Buehrle/Joe Crede
  • 2007 Upper Deck - Josh Fields, Jerry Owens & Ryan Sweeney
  • 2007 Topps Heritage - White Sox Team, Ryan Sweeney & Jerry Owens
  • 2007 Artifacts - Josh Fields
  • 2007 Topps Turkey Red - Tadahito Iguchi
  • 2007 Fleer - Ryan Sweeney, Josh Fields & Jerry Owens
  • 2007 Bowman - Javier Vazquez, Josh Fields, Ryan Sweeney & Jerry Owens

From what I've been able to tell, Mario has been happy with the trade. I know I am! I'm very happy to receive a jersey card of Gooch, an auto of Lance Broadway, my first White Sox cards of Ehren Wassermann, Andy Gonzalez, Dewon Day & Danny Richar and a bunch of cards that get me closer to completing team sets.

Some of the cards I already had, but they will be going to a good home. My fiancee's nephew is a huge baseball fan. He's been on a team the past couple of years and I have been sharing my love of baseball cards with him. He seems to really enjoy the ones that show a lot of action, but he's starting to get interested in the ones that look older.

Thank you Mario for furthering my collection of White Sox cards and bolstering the beginning collection of a 10 year old. Yes, we are corrupting the next generation with baseball cards. I wouldn't have it any other way. I guess what Cardboard Junkie says is true, "Do cards, not drugs".

1 comment:

Wax Heaven said...

Glad you enjoyed the cards. The Jose card was awesome. Thanks again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...